1. Use of this Website. This website is owned and operated by Invest Ottawa for your personal non-commercial use and information. Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms. If you do not agree with any of the terms, please do not use this website. Material on this website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, posted, distributed or modified in whole or in part, whether in text, graphical, audio, video or executable form, except with written permission of Invest Ottawa. You are responsible to ensure that your access to this website and material available on or through it are legal in each jurisdiction in or through which you access or view the site or such material.
2. Exclusion of Warranties. Invest Ottawa makes no representation or warranty regarding the functionality or condition of this website, its suitability for use, or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free. ALL MATERIAL OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. Invest Ottawa AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The information and materials on this website are not intended to provide specific technical, financial, tax, legal, business, accounting or other advice for your individual circumstances, and you should consult your own professional advisors to determine how any information or materials provided on this website apply to your individual circumstances. These exclusions are in addition to any specific exclusions otherwise provided in these terms and conditions. To the extent the jurisdiction to which you are subject does not allow exclusion of certain warranties, such exclusions which are not permitted do not apply.
3. Limitation Of Liability. Invest Ottawa OR ITS LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR USE OR INABILITY TO USE MATERIAL, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OF ANY KIND, DELAY OF OR PARTIAL DELIVERY, TERMINATION OF RIGHTS OR LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT OR OTHER LIABILITY TO PROVIDE INDEMNIFICATION OR ANY OTHER REMEDY. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER OR NOT Invest Ottawa HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF Invest Ottawa AND ITS LICENSORS FOR DAMAGES UNDER OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER FOR A SINGLE OCCURRENCE OR SERIES OF OCCURRENCES, WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO Invest Ottawa PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. This limitation on monetary damages will not apply to claims relating to death or personal injury which arise out of products deemed to be consumer goods under applicable law. Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using and accessing this website. To the extent the jurisdiction to which you are subject does not allow certain other limitations, such limitations which are not permitted do not apply.
4. Ownership and Confidentiality. Material on this website, including but not limited to text, images, illustrations, software, audio clips and video clips, is owned or otherwise provided by Invest Ottawa, and Invest Ottawa does not represent or warrant that such material does not infringe the rights of any other person or entity. You acknowledge that information or material which you provide electronically through your access to or usage of this website is not confidential or proprietary and acknowledge that unprotected e-mail communication over the Internet is subject to possible interception, alteration or loss. You also acknowledge that any information or materials which you provide electronically through your access to or usage of this website does not infringe the rights of any person or entity, and may be used in whole or in part in any manner by Invest Ottawa including, but not limited to, reproduction, retransmission, publication of such information or material or ideas, concepts or other know-how contained therein for the commercial purposes of Invest Ottawa or disclosure of your identity. Trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, “Marks”) displayed on this website are registered or unregistered Marks of Invest Ottawa or others, are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without written permission of the applicable owner of such Marks. Any information or material contained on this website which may be reproduced pursuant to these terms must bear the proprietary rights notices which originally appear on or in conjunction with such information or material.
5. Monitoring. Invest Ottawa may monitor access to, discussions and postings on and other activities relating to the site, and intervene in relation thereto but does not make any representation or warranty that it will do so. You consent to any such monitoring and intervention in the event Invest Ottawa elects to do so.
6. Links. Links and references to other websites are provided to you as a convenience only. Invest Ottawa has not reviewed and does not expressly or impliedly endorse other websites or any information or material, or the accessibility thereof, via such links, and does not assume any responsibility for any such other websites, information or material posted thereon, or products or services offered thereon. You may not create links from other websites to this website, except if expressly permitted by Invest Ottawa (to obtain permission, contact our webmaster at [email protected]).
7. Bulletin Boards and Chat Areas. This website may include bulletin boards and chat areas which allow feedback to Invest Ottawa and users, and real-time interaction between users. Invest Ottawa does not control the messages, information or files delivered to Bulletin Boards or Chat Areas, unless otherwise noted therein. However Invest Ottawa reserves the right at all times to monitor, edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in Invest Ottawa’s sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of any of the terms contained herein, and to deny any user access to the website. Users accessing the Bulletin Boards or Chat Areas agree not to:
a) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Bulletin Boards or Chat Areas;
b) post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind,or any blatant expression of bigotry, racism, hatred or harassment, including without limitation any transmission constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, provincial, federal or foreign law;
c) post or transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or material for commercial purposes or which contains solicitations for sales or purchases, advertising, promotion or marketing; or
8. Software. Any software available for downloading through this website is provided by third party software vendors pursuant to license agreements or other arrangements between such vendors and end-users. Invest Ottawa does not sell, resell, or license or sub-license any such software, and Invest Ottawa disclaims any responsibility or liability related to the software. Any questions, complaints or claims related to the software should be directed to the appropriate vendor. Your are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment used in connection with any of the software downloaded through this website. [In the event of any express inconsistency between these terms and those contained in any license agreement with a software vendor, the terms contained in the license agreement shall prevail.]
9. Accuracy of Information. While Invest Ottawa may update the information or materials on this website from time to time, no assurance is given that information or material on this website is up-to-date, accurate, error-free or complete.
10. Viruses, etc. Invest Ottawa does not represent or warrant that the information or materials, including without limitation any downloadable software, accessed from or through this website will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected.
11. Damage to Others. You agree not to introduce into or through this website any information or materials which may be harmful to others. Among other things, you agree not to knowingly or otherwise include any error or defect in material or information which may, among other things, be a libel, slander, obscenity, or promote hatred or otherwise give rise to a criminal offense or civil liability on the part of any person or entity.
12. Reserve of Rights. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Invest Ottawa. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual right of Invest Ottawa or any other person or entity.
13. Governing Law. This site is controlled and operated by Invest Ottawa from Ottawa, Ontario and these terms shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms.
14. Changes to Terms. Invest Ottawa may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to this website from time to time without notice, and you agree to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the applicable time at which you access the Invest Ottawa website.
15. Jurisdiction. This website is controlled and operated by Invest Ottawa from Ottawa, Ontario. Invest Ottawa makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
16. Survival. These terms and conditions apply while you are accessing the website and remain in effect thereafter, subject to section 14. In the event this website is no longer accessible to you, the provisions as set out in section 2, 3 and 4 of these terms and conditions shall survive thereafter.